Wednesday, February 15, 2017

How Not to Open a Business

Lesson# 1 - How Not to Use Motivation

In March 2010 I began setting up a Pizza & Sub Restaurant.
In June 2010 I opened it.
In December 2010 I closed it.

         My first foray into an entrepreneurship was extremely difficult and full of challenges and learning experiences.  My BA in Business Administration and years of working behind the counter at food service establishments as a manager failed to prepare me for what would actually happen when I tried to start my own.

         After I let go of my restaurant I was free to look back on what I had learned, and was able to grow from that experience.  Strangely enough life took me in a different direction then expected, and now I am not certain I will have the opportunity to put that knowledge and experience to good use.  So with that thought in mind I have created this blog as a means of posting what I know so that others can learn from my mistakes.

        If I can help even one person avoid a pitfall while starting their own business, then I will consider this blog a success.

I will be using this page to link to my blog posts, so feel free to bookmark it and check back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment